Top Christmas Tips – Workplace Happiness
Posted: 22nd November 2018
How can small businesses spread the joy of happiness amongst their teams this Christmas?
I hope you will find the following ideas give you and your people plenty of seasonal cheer and happiness!
- Aim to listen more than you talk, to keep staff engaged and motivated
- Set a team-based challenge, possibly linked to helping a local charity
- Promote flexible hours to help with seasonal preparations
- Legitimise quality thinking time, downtime and creative time (device free)
- Give individuals autonomy and empowerment to go forth and delight customers
- Relax a few rules here and there, perhaps the dress code?
- Encourage kindness such as five minute favours (rather than Secret Santa!)
- Cultivate optimism and glass half full attitudes, through leading by example
Needless to say, you may need to adapt and flex these ideas a little to fit within the operational requirements of your own business. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a happy and fulfilling time!