BP Business Consultancy – Helping businesses be better businesses
Posted: 4th February 2019
Running a business does not come naturally for some, while other’s think it’s easy. Which are you? I imagine sometimes you feel like you have too many plates spinning. Especially when you have costs spiralling, cashflow problems, messy accounts, too many emails and you’ve lost your dest under paperwork!
This is why I set up BP Busines Consultancy in 2019 as I can help with all of the above and more. I am an AAT qualified accountant and have been in finance for over 25 years. Before going self-employed six years ago was a Finance Manager reporting to board level. Coming from an agricultural, equestrian and hospitality background I specialize in supporting Rural Enterprise, as I understand the struggles they face.
As a business consultant, the sort of services and support I offer are:-
Financial Strategy Advice
- Cashflow – Cashflow is king, and every business needs help from time to time. I can set up cash flow projections, forecasts and help with daily cash flow support.
- Departmental Analysis – Helping clients have a bit more transparency in their overhead costs can help them cut down on unnecessary spending.
- Analysed Profit and Loss Reports – Often Accountants don’t break the profit and loss down and I can produce bespoke analysed by cost centre reports.
- Expenses – Knowing where you put that last credit card receipt is tricky, good control of your expenses can save you money in the long run, I can help clients with this.
- Recruitment – Hiring staff often takes a lot of time, I can help clients by placing the relevant adverts, shortlisting applicants and interviewing.
- HR – With experience in HR records I can help with Payroll, keeping HR records and setting up contracts and Terms of Employment.
- Admin and Bookkeeping – I have a string of associates which I use for admin support and bookkeeping.
- Accounts Packages – I am experienced with Xero, Farmplan and Sage. And have knowledge of Landmark Key Prime and Sum It accounts software and can produce bespoke reports from most types of accounts software.
- Supplier and Utilities – Having a good relationship with your suppliers can help with payment terms and cash flow. I can help clients negotiate payment terms with suppliers and get better deals on Utilities.
- People Management – I am an experienced manager with management training and have supervised teams in the past. I am a people person and know how to motivate staff but can be firm when required.
Based in Dorset I cover Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and Somerset.
If you have any queries regarding the above or would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.