New WiRE Website Guide
Posted: 2nd January 2016
We’re delighted to announce that the new WiRE website is live!
The WiRE website gets lots of traffic (over 7,000 visits last month alone!) and the member directory (Marketplace) is one of the most popular areas of the site.
Your marketplace details have been imported from the old website to the new website but some things – like your profile picture – won’t necessarily have been carried across.
All members, including Network Leaders will have to reset their password.
- Your username is the email address that you used when you registered with WiRE. You may need to create a new password for yourself by going to the Member Login screen (https://www.wireuk.org/account/) and clicking ‘Forgotten your Password?’. This will generate a new password to login with – when you login you can create yourself a new (personal) password –please make sure it is a good strong password with an unguessable combination of letters, numbers and special characters!
- Once you’re logged in, the first thing to do is to update your profile – make sure all your details are up to date, especially your address (lots of people search by county). Everything in your profile is searched by the search box, so include lots of detail about what you do and you’re sure to be found!
- Upload some pictures (you can now upload two pictures rather than one – both a logo and a picture of yourself). Pictures should under 1mb in size and there is a guide to resizing pictures linked to from the member area.
- Choose a category for your business. Don’t worry if your business doesn’t quite fit one of the categories – just choose the closest match.
- Choose which details you want to make public.
- Add your social media links.
When you’ve updated your profile, please take the time to look around your new member area and see all the new things you can do to promote your business.
- You can now submit a news story about your business from the member page – these are published both on the website and in the email newsletter WiREmail.
- You can write an article about your area of expertise and submit it to the WiRE Knowledgebase (another part of the site that Google loves – our most popular Knowledgebase article got over 1,300 visits last month!).
- And you can post a sticky note advertising an event, special offer or other exciting news to our Noticeboard.
Once you’re logged into the site you can always get back to the member area by clicking the link with your name on it, in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Have fun exploring the new site and let us know what you think!