Posted: 21st August 2017
Is your business trustworthy? Then Prove It!
In today’s world, words are cheap. Anyone can (and many businesses do) say how good they are without backing it up with solid proof and it’s costing small businesses millions of pounds every year in lost sales.
And that’s because today’s consumers have heard all the BS before and know what businesses say about themselves is not the whole truth. So saying your service is the best or, we go the extra mile, just won’t cut it anymore, even if it is true.
You see, the only time people will buy from you is when they trust you and the easiest way to get trust is to provide proof.
So, if that’s the case, what can you do? Here are 9 ideas to get you started
1. Give a guarantee and I don’t just mean ‘money back’
2. Provide trust seals (logos from known businesses who are clients, qualifications etc.)
3. Make sure your website looks the part and clearly communicates why they should do business with you over all your competition
4. Show you’re real by telling your ‘Why’ story – people buy first with emotions then use logic
5. Get rid of the corporate bollocks, people buy from people not companies
6. Get reviews on Google and Facebook from satisfied customers to make it easier for people to find you. NB. make sure you reply to reviews quickly!
7. Provide case studies and results customers have had by choosing you
8. Claim your social profiles and post at least once a week with something useful and interesting to get the word out
9. Give away ‘stuff’ that proves your expertise and makes the life of your customer easier
You see, the more proof you have your service delivers, the less selling you have to do.
So, what would you rather do? Learn all the selling techniques you’ll need to convince someone to do business with you, or just take some time to provide the proof you already have?
Oh, and at the end of it all, always remember to ask for the business.