15 Quick Ways to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile
Posted: 6th September 2017
LinkedIn is a very powerful platform for building and promoting a business, creating a network and connecting with people.
But are you making the most of all of the features to bring your profile to the attention of the right people, whether that be for business or job hunting?
Top Tips for Improving your LinkedIn Presence
- Turn off the ‘Notify your Network button’ before making substantial changes to your profile
- Make sure your Photo is flattering and appropriate
- Include a Background Picture if you are a business
- Ensure your Contact information is up to date
- Change your Headline to reflect what you do not your job title
- Use Keywords throughout your profile – great for SEO
- Make sure you have changed your Public URL
- Build your Connections – but quality not quantity
- Add more Skills and seek Endorsements
- Re-order information if necessary
- Get some valid Recommendations
- Add some Media to your sections – pictures, documents, videos, SlideShare
- Post and comment in Status Updates
- Publish longer articles – these will appear on your profile
- Add a Company Page if appropriate
Have a look at my LinkedIn profile to see what an All Star profile looks like.
If you want some one-to-one impartial help on what to write in your profile and how to improve engagement and connections contact me for a chat. I also offer Making the Most of LinkedIn one-to-ones or workshops for small groups of people.
Connecting companies, customers and communities