When you throw a pebble in a pool, ripples form. The heavier the pebble, the more ripples. The more ripples, the further they reach. To keep the ripples going you have to throw another pebble and another, and another.
Promoting your business works in a similar way. You need to repeatedly send messages (pebbles) into places (pools) that can connect you with the audience you want to reach. Each member of that audience has its own network. That’s where the ripple effect comes into play. Your message placed before an audience can reach places you never imagined.
To promote your business you need plenty of pebbles and some good pools to throw them into. As a Wire member you’ve already found a good pool full of potentially valuable contacts. Contributing to the WIRE e-newsletter is an excellent way to start throwing those promotional pebbles.
To upload your content for WiREmail follow the instructions here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales enquiries and Sales
- PR opportunities
- Opportunities to network
- Opportunities to collaborate
- Opportunities to learn and to teach
- New subscribers for your email list
- New followers on social media
Then there are the fringe benefits that come from taking time to promote your business:-
- Shouting about your business success is a good boost to your self esteem.
- Making best use of your membership makes you feel like a wise investor.
- Your contribution can inspire others to contribute.
- Get your business message in good company, alongside other great WIRE members’ offers and stories. Your shine will rub off on each other.
- Being visible says your business is open and ready to trade (this can be daunting when you first start out). The WIRE e-newsletter is a good place to get your sea legs if promoting your business is new.
- WiREmail is run by rural business women who understand the challenges you face day to day.
We hear you and we’ve made it really easy for you. Here’s a set of guidelines [add link] for you. You CAN find half an hour to promote your business, after all you’ve already paid for it, isn’t it time to start getting your money’s worth. Here’s a flavour of the guidelines to whet your appetite.
Content we love:
- Business launches
- Winning awards
- Successful collaborations
- Fund raising and community activities
- New product ranges
- New services
- Innovative marketing
- Business help articles
- New training courses
- Stories that inspire others
- Behind the scenes look at your business
- Case studies
- Before and after
- Grant success
WiREmail goes out to 6000+ WIRE members and those interested in membership and a whole list of friends and partners who care about and influence the rural sector. Showcasing who you are and what you do is an essential part of business promotion but it is important too for your business self esteem, your profit and to build a robust and sustainable rural sector. More to the point, you’ve already paid for it. Don’t put it off until later. Get typing.
Do it now!