Dear WiRE ladies,
Stress Relief for Female Entrepreneurs part three..
At the week-end, I popped to the cinema to see: ‘ Made in Dagenham,’ wow what an amazing film about a group of lady machinist in Kent who stood up for not getting equal pay at Ford, and then protested and protested until it was made law with Barbara Castle spearheading the legislation for Equal Pay for women, which many of you might know about it, I am sure. Wow, what a film, it’s a must-see as it is so humbling and inspiring how these ladies did it, without any previous experience, or political knowledge! It really makes you think just how powerful we can be when we just focus and keep going after what we want for any aspect of our lives:)
Okeydokie, ladies, over to Ntathu Allen for our final guest blog post piece in which she offers you some top tips on beautiful skin, how exciting? I don’t know about you ladies but I am a little saddened by the ‘push,’ for women to be botoxed during their lunch, and a filler here and there, it feels sad, and depressing I find facial exercises, good skin care and Nthathu’s tips much more healthy, but each to their own, of course! Okeydokie ladies, over to Nthathu…
Stress Relief for Female Entrepreneurs – Part 3
Yoga and Natural Beauty Top Five Tips For Beautiful Skin
Would you like healthy, glowing young looking skin? Your skin is constantly exposed to toxins and pollution, whether through poor dietary habits and negative thought patterns or because of exposure to industrial waste and car exhaust fumes.
Effect of Stress on Your Skin
You may not realise it, but your skin is always absorbing and releasing toxins. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. Constant exposure to internal and external stress and pollution can cause your skin to look dry, jaded and dull. Have you noticed how tired and strained your eyes feel after a long stint at the computer, or how grey and dull your skin looks during the cold winters?
Effects of Yoga on Your Skin
The quality and tone of your skin gives you an indication of the state of your health.
From a yogic perspective, good health starts within. All yogic practices help to keep your skin healthy and radiant.
Yoga encourages you to be body aware, to be conscious of what is going on inside your body and to observe the external signs and systems of imbalance; for example, cracks, ravines, white furry coatings on your tongue indicate internal imbalances; or spots and pimples, cracked fingernails, dandruff, leg cramps, gassy stomach, excessive yawning, all these physical symptoms lead to you feeling below par, stressed and tired.
Five Natural Self Care Tips For Younger Looking Glowing Skin
To boost and support your immune system, practice the following natural self care tips and see what a difference they make to the quality and beauty of your skin. Don’t expect miracles, as it can take many months to eliminate toxins and bacteria from your body, but you will notice an improvement in your energy and quality of your skin in a few days.
Many of these tips involve using simple every day household products so you don’t have to spend vast sums of money on expensive manufactured products.
- Dry body brushing. Dry skin brushing is an excellent way to exfoliate and cleanse your skin and releases toxins from your system. Dry skin brushing helps to make your skin smooth and radiant as it encourages the rate at which toxins are released through the body. Your lymphatic system (blood cells and lymph tissue) gets a good boost as you skin brush and release toxins through your skin. Ideally your body needs to be dry for skin brushing, so it a good idea to skin brush before you shower or bathe. Use a good quality natural bristle wooden brush. Always brush towards your heart as this increases circulation. Starting at the soles of your feet, use long deep slow strokes and brush the soles of your feet, work your way up your inner and outer legs, then up your arms, over your shoulders and down your back. Brush your stomach using small circular clockwise strokes. Take your time and aim to spend at least 10 minutes breathing and brushing your skin. Avoid brushing over sore, tender or broken areas of skin and do not brush over your face.
- Facial steam – a facial steam releases stale oils from the pores and loosens debris sticking to the skin. Simply fill a small bowl with hot (not boiling) water. If you have any herbs or aromatherapy oils sprinkle in a few drops (for example, lavender and peppermint are stimulating, rosemary, eucalyptus and rose are cleansing, and chamomile is soothing). If you don’t have any, that’s ok. Place a towel over your head and sit quietly with your head about 20 inches from the water, with the towel covering the bowl. Breathe deeply for about 5 minutes as you allow the steam to gently ease away cares and stress from your skin.
- Drink at least 6 – 8 glasses of spring water or herbal teas (nettle, fennel, dandelion teas are great detoxifiers) throughout your day to help flush out your system.
- Foot massage – at the end of a busy day a foot massage is a beautiful way to relax and release tension and stress in your body. Wash your feet in warm water and sprinkle in a few drops of your favourite aromatherapy oil. Dry and massage your feet with a soothing cream.
- Dab your face with small amounts of olive oil to keep your face glowing and fresh. Have a bath as you allow this to soak into your face.
Everyone wants to look younger and have more beautiful skin and to feel healthy and well.
I hope you have enjoyed this mini series of Stress Relief Techniques for Female Entrepreneurs. In Part 1 we looked at the role of yoga stretches to reduce stress. Part 2 I offered you simple foods to cook or snack on to boost your energy levels; whilst Part 3 showed the effects of stress on your skin and gave you five natural self care tips you can do at home to reduce the signs of worry on your body.
Stay Blessed and Stay Happy
Thanks Ntathu, much appreciated! I trust you ladies loved her posts as much as I have:)
Any questions as ever about marketing to women or overcoming chocolate addiction, the best email to catch me on is: email@example.com. Remember, no question too blonde!
Shortly, I will have two new businesses to let you know about which I am quite excited about, to put it mildly. Sometimes I feel, it is vital to wait for the right people and to launch something at the right time! Well, this week it is a new moon, so it is optimal for launching and indeed started something new be it a business, a habit, a new way of being- go for it ladies
Namaste, giggles & light,